Virtual Mobility consists of a collaboration in a virtual setting among researchers or innovators within the COST Action, to exchange knowledge, learn new techniques, etc.
Virtual Mobility benefit to:
• COST Action: uses a flexible tool to implement virtual activities inside the network, achieve the MoU objectives and significantly increase their impact and reach. Contributes to European
leadership in knowledge creation and increasing its innovation potential;
• VM grantee: develop(s) capacity in virtual collaboration and networking in a pan-European framework.
Examples of activities that can be performed by the VM grantee are:
• Virtual mentoring scheme, with special focus on activities and exchanges that can generate capacity building and new skills, particularly for Young Researchers and Innovators (e.g. managerial skills, methodological skills, communication skills, etc);
• To support the harmonisation and standardisation of methods and procedures within the Action networking activities, e.g.
– setting up a survey amongst all Action members to collect different results and outcomes from experiments done in their respective labs and research groups;
– coordinating the discussions to create common protocols to be used by the network afterwards;
– preparing questionnaires and response scales to be used by the Action members as part of virtual networking activities.
• To support the implementation of research coordination related activities that do not necessarily
require in-person presence, e.g.
– computational or modelling activities;
– data analysis of the Action for a specific report or activity.
• Application shall be submitted online in e-COST using dedicated forms available. In this regard, applicants are informed that their application can be accessed by the holders of leadership positions and any evaluation committees in the Action for evaluation purposes.
• Applicants must upload their CV in their e-COST profile. This information will be visible to the by the holders of leadership positions and any evaluation committees in the Action for evaluation purposes.
The content of the application.
To be filled in e-COST:
– Start and end date (within the active Grant Period);
– Budget requested by the applicant
To be uploaded to e-COST:
– Application form (template available on e-COST) describing: Main Objective, description of the work to be carried out by the applicant, plan for participation, expected outcomes and description of the contribution to the Action MoU objectives;
– Other documents required by the Action (e.g. recommendation letter, etc…)
THE REQUIRED REPORT/DOCUMENTATION FOR CLAIMING VM GRANT
– Report to the Action MC on the work developed, main outcomes and achieved outputs of the Virtual Mobility, and description of the future follow up collaboration.
– VM grant is paid by the Grant Holder after the completion of the activity and approval of all required report/documentation.
Amount of the grant:
– Up to EUR 1 500,00 per grant.